Are you in crisis?

If you, or someone you know, is in suicidal crisis or emotional distress, please call:


How can we help?

You can call the crisis center for any of the following reasons:

  • Suicidal thoughts
  • Information on suicide
  • Information on mental health/illness
  • Substance abuse/addiction
  • To help a friend or loved one
  • Relationship problems
  • Abuse/Violence
  • Economic problems
  • Sexual orientation issues
  • Physical illness
  • Loneliness
  • Family problems

How can I call?

We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

  • Dial 1.800.273.TALK (8255)
  • TTY users: 1.800.799.4TTY (4889)
  • Para obtener asistencia en espanol durante las 24 houras, llame al: 1.888.628.9454


Are you in crisis?
Mental Illness


What is a mental illness?
A mental illness can range from mild to severe. Severe mental illnesses can include Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder and Major Depression, among others. It is estimated that one in every five individuals in the United States experiences some form of mental illness in their lifetime. Although the symptoms of a mental illness can negatively impact relationships, employment, education and daily living, recovery from a mental illness is achievable with treatment and support.

I’m having issues coping with difficulties in my life. Where I can I get help?
Try to surround yourself with friends and family and those who will support you and can be helpful. There are many support groups available. If you think you need to talk to a professional, network180 may be able to help.

How do I access services at network180?
Call the network180 access center at 1.800.749.7720. Our staff will talk with you to determine the most appropriate services available in Kent County. We can then decide if a face-to-face assessment would be most helpful or if you can be referred directly to a service providing agency.

Who will pay for these services?
We accept Medicaid and some types of insurance. We may also serve people who do not have insurance. Payment for services is based on your ability to pay, which is determined at your first appointment.

How do I find someone who has been through the same things I am experiencing?
You may find these supportive individuals within a community support group. If you have a diagnosis of a serious mental illness condition, there are groups of people who currently work towards recovery and are trained to help others like yourself.

What if I think I may have issues with both mental illness and substance use?
network180 can connect individuals for services in both areas. This is called a co-occurring disorder. Special services ensure that both areas of concern are considered at the same time so that one issue doesn’t make the other harder to live with.

What is Person-centered Planning?
All network180, planning is based on each individual’s goals, hopes and abilities. Person Centered Planning ensures that each individual is the most important participant in planning for their recovery.

How do I refer someone to network180?
We accept referrals from a variety of resources including schools, doctor offices and mental health professionals. Concerned family or friends may call to inquire about services, but anyone over the age of 18 who serves as their own guardian will have to call to make their own referral. Parents or legal guardians can make referrals for anyone under the age of 18.

What is the Recipient Rights Office?
The Recipient Rights Office is a resource for individuals who are receiving services within network180’s system of care in Kent County. The Recipient Rights Office investigates allegations of abuse, neglect and other rights violations as identified in the Michigan Mental Health Code.